I’m not sure that I should get involved in the law, I have to ensure that the law is upheld, fairly, impartially, diligently and with integrity.
You seem like a very fair person and I don’t believe that you should be fobbed off with such a politician type reply. Tim, please see this e-mail not as an adversarial but as a constructive e-mail, in other words, I think I can learn a lot from you. Let’s see how far we can get.
1. Tim, I’m really sorry, if the data shows that BAME people are unfairly penalised through cannabis law, then I will not attempt to contradict the data.
2. I don’t know how many Black and Ethnic Minorities members of the community are Medical Cannabis patients, but I’d be very interested to find out, can you tell me Tim? I’ve got to be brutally honest, I wouldn’t even know if the data is readily available.
3. I don’t know about the Canadian model, Tim, as I’ve said, I don’t want to be adversarial, I need to gather the data and then form an opinion.
4. I think the question is known documented stress conditions, again, I’m sorry Tim, I need you to educate me.
5. Same as above sorry.
6. Okay, this is one I can answer, but again, I’m not arrogant to believe I cant be educated. I saw some young lives be wasted due to cannabis use, I really did Tim, they went from really bouncey kids to being really dull. This is a personal observation, I didn’t see many, or maybe I wasn’t looking for it (conformational bias) where they improved their alacrity. I’m just being honest, if you can show otherwise, I’ve got an open mind.
7. I’d be curious as to what data the CPS used to arrive at that decision.
8. Tim, I’ve got to honest, probably no, due to the answer to 6. Again, I have an open mind.
9. Oh Tim, sorry, no idea, you’ve got me. Tell me more.
10. For me to enter listen to you and gather as much information as I can.
Tim, I promise I’ll really listen, it is fascinating. You can contact me at any time. I don’t want to use a pompous term like, we’ll enter into dialogue, I’m not that type of person, but I’ll listen and be educated.
I’ve really enjoyed this, it’s made me think. Thank you so much, you’ve given me a lot to think about.
Enjoy your Sunday.